Monday, December 29, 2008

The Reality of Santa

Ever since Christmas Spencer has been giving the reality of Santa a lot of thought. I could tell it was on his mind by the comments he was making and the questions he was asking. Then, the other day, he asked that dreaded question, "Mom, was it really you that put all the things in my stocking? Please tell me the truth. PLEASE!"
How can I lie after that? I couldn't. "Yes, it was me."
Now, you have to know that I've come to expect the unexpected from Spencer. His mind works in curious ways. I'm often surprised and/or amused by the things that come out of his mouth. However, I was not expecting to hear what came out of his mouth next. In fact, it came as such a surprise that my only response was to burst out laughing.
After learning that I was responsible for stuffing the stockings, his eyes grew real wide, and he leaned his head in close to mine, then in all sincerity he whispered, " So, you're Mrs. Claus?"

5 comments:

  1. I can't wait to meet Spencer! He is just too cute. I can only imagine that Chris must have been similar at that age cause of the comments he makes now. That gave me the smile I needed for the rest of the week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Spencer epitomizes the innocense of children. We sure love him!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Does Jason know you're sleeping with Santa?

    ReplyDelete
  4. He is still so innocent. I love it.

    ReplyDelete