Saturday, December 13, 2008

Christmas Tree Hunt

We finally got around to getting our tree yesterday. Because it's so much work to do the whole Christmas decorating thing, I've
been procrastinating. But, realizing that we had less than 2 weeks before Christmas, I decided we'd better get with it. Sometimes I think it would be a lot easier to just go and buy an already cut down tree from the store. In fact, we did do that one year, and the tree was dry and dead by the time Christmas rolled around. So, we prefer to get our permit from the BLM and head up the canyon to pick out a tree.
This year, the boys hiked about 1 1/2 miles before finding the perfect tree.
Back at home, we spent the evening pulling all the decorations out of the shed and making a mess decorating. Then, this morning I did a little re-decorating while the boys were away.
It was a lot of work, but I'm glad we did it. The boys enjoy it so much, and it really gets us in the Christmas spirit. Jason even put the lights up on the house. Just in time too, the snow is starting to fly. It's finally starting to feel like Christmas.























2 comments:

  1. Everything is a mess when you have three little boys helping. I just keep telling myself, "It's the journey, not the destination!" Just making memories, right?!
    Your tree looks great.

    ReplyDelete