Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Handel's Messiah


Last night I took Regan and Spencer to The Messiah preformed by the Orchestra of Southern Utah and choir. It was excellent. I've gone to the performance every year since I've lived here, so ten years. I think this was probably the best yet. I look forward to it every year. It's just not Christmas until I've been to The Messiah. Every year I can hardly keep myself from jumping from my chair and bursting into song. That would not be a good thing. If I could sing, even slightly, I would have joined the choir ten years ago. So instead, I sit in the audience, confined to my seat, all the while envying those on stage who have been blessed with beautiful singing voices.
This year two of my friends were in the choir, Kristin and Chelsea (yes, Chelsea has forgiven me, or at least she says so, but I have yet to receive any treats). Also, Chelsea's husband, Glen, was in the orchestra playing the harpsichord. So I just had to say to all three of you, you did an outstanding job. I can't wait for next year!
Not a good picture, but I wasn't very close to the stage, and I was using a camera I'm not familiar with. Sorry Kristin, I couldn't get you without the microphone in front of your head.

2 comments:

  1. Yessss! Proof that I'm famous! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was so awesome that you got to go to that. I have been like that with the Nutcracker ever since I went in middleschool so for about 11 yrs or so. I am sad I had to miss it this year.
    I am like you though. I always dream of dancing around during the concert and I think for about a week after I toy with the idea of taking ballet classes.

    ReplyDelete