Monday, December 22, 2008

My Mantle!

This is my Christmas present from Jason. I had my doubts that it would be done in time for Christmas, but here it is, three days early, and I love it. He used the wood from our friends' tree that he cut down earlier this year. The wood is beautiful. The design was a little tricky because we have vents around the fireplace. The bottom ones draw in the cold air and the top ones blow out the hot air. He couldn't cover them, so he built around them. Anyway, I think it's great.
The first picture below is the before shot.



7 comments:

  1. A job well done! Way to go, Jason.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! That looks beautiful! How did her learn to be such a good carpenter?! That is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! Tell Jason he did nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. YOu guys that looks great! I am glad you have it for Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Jason does good work. Why are the kids transparent in that last photo? A little eery! Anyway Merry Christmas you guys! We love and miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey, who are all these commentors?
    Good work Jason, looks great. I'll come see it in person next week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! The Mantle turned out really nice. I'm very impressed with Jason's skills.

    Love the new blog header pic - candid shots are the best :)

    ReplyDelete