Sunday, December 14, 2008

How Embarrassing!

First, a little background before getting to the embarrassing part; my neighbor/VT partner/friend (Chelsea) who lives across the street, often brings a plate of goodies over to us. We keep her plate until we make some sort of treat, and then we send it back. We've got our own little treat exchange thing going on.
So today after church, Chelsea and I are talking when Regan walks up, and out of the blue says, "My Mom says the only reason you bring us treats on a glass plate is so that we'll have to bring a treat back to you".
"WHAT?!! I did NOT say that!"
"Yes you did."
"No I didn't".
"Yes you did."
Okay... here comes the awkward silence. What can I say? I'm sorry that my son would come up with such an absurd lie out of nowhere?
"Um...well, whatever I said, I didn't mean it like that."
Of course Chelsea just laughed it off, but I can only imagine what she was thinking.
Later, Jason told me, "I think you really did say that, but just as a joke."
"See?" Regan piped up.
Hmm....I don't remember that, but two against one, I guess I need to start remembering what I joke about. Either way, Regan got a good chewing out for that one.
So, I know you'll be reading this, Chelsea, and not that I think you would have taken offense, but please don't go out and buy paper plates to send our treats on. Or more importantly, please don't stop sending treats.

5 comments:

  1. This is really, really, really funny...and awkward.

    ReplyDelete
  2. NOOOOO! I hope you gave that boy a whooping!!! Good thing it's Chelsea. She's pretty easy going.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cindy sometimes I read your blog and get nervous for what's to come. Yes we are due in June yes it is a HUGE Chrustams surprise and we are thrilled.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You can blog all you want, I will never believe you... Just kidding. I know your sense of humor and I know you would never say something like that malignantly. The funny thing is we actually have some paper plates from a party we had about a week ago and we thought about sending treats on one just as a joke.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Or maybe I meant maliciously... It all means the same, right?

    ReplyDelete