Tuesday, March 24, 2009

The Champion 4 Is Still the Champion

I knew the day would come when our toilet's greatness would be put to the test (check out THIS post if you don't know what I'm talking about). This week Ben has learned to flush. He's known for some time now how to hide things in the toilet, but flushing adds a whole new dimension to the problem. We've lost a variety of things down the toilet this week...the most expensive, my cell phone... the largest, a ball. Our toilet has swallowed them all without so much as a hiccup. Lesser toilets would given out long ago. Of course, once it leaves the toilet, I suppose it could back up somewhere else along the way. I'm still hoping, or praying mightily, really, for that not to happen. Several of our neighbors have recently had to spend thousands repairing their plumbing.
I blame my brother Tom for Ben's toilet fascination. His son, Ty, taught Ben all about stuffing things into the toilet while we were at my Mom's over Thanksgiving (pictured below). Luckily they were caught before Ty could teach Ben about the flushing part.
So, if you're in the market, I still stand by the Champion 4. It's by far the best toilet I've ever known. And I'm desperately hoping to give it a good rest in the near future.

6 comments:

  1. Man, and I thought Eric throwing sippy cups in the toilet was bad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those boys are just full of mischief! That's amazing your phone went down!! Good luck with that, when they discover something so amazing like flushing the toilet, it's hard to get them to leave it alone!

    ReplyDelete
  3. For the record Ty has never done that at our house, so I'm pretty sure it was Ben that was the ringleader on that one. Thanks for returning my call....oh yea your phone is in the sewer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. He flushed your cell phone?!? OM. I'd have beaten him. Glad your toilet is ok though, I'll pray for your sewer line though, bc that is another matter entirely...

    ReplyDelete
  5. you say you do watch him......right?.....

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hear they make toliet lid locks...maybe you should look into that!

    ReplyDelete