Sunday, October 5, 2008

Fall Fever



Yesterday we took a walk in the canyon, up to the "sheep herder's cabin". I'm not sure why it's called that. I think the University owns it, and "cabin" is a bit of a stretch. I might call it a shack. It consists of two rooms: one is empty, and the other has two sets of bunk beds (complete with plywood mattresses). There is also a small loft of some sort. Anyway, it's always unlocked and the kids think it's about the most awesome thing EVER! They'd pack up and move in today, if possible.
The weather was nice and the scenery was beautiful. All the leaves are starting the turn. I love the fall season. I just wish it would last a lot longer, like...until spring. I haven't always been a winter hater, but ever since I've had kids, it's just too much work. All the boots, coats, hats, gloves, and snow suits; it takes at least 20 minutes to get them all ready so that they can spend 15 minutes outside playing. Then it all ends up as a soggy pile in my entryway. I guess it could be worse, at least we don't live in Rexburg (no offense, Johnson's). But, enough complaining. It's not winter...yet. I'm going to enjoy fall while it's still here!

4 comments:

  1. Cute pictures Cindy. I have to agree, fall is a wonderful time of year. How did Spencer do on the hike? Did you hear any comments like "this is the worst day of my life"? Good times! Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cindy your kids kill me. That one of Ben stealing the hat from Spencer is too good...made us laugh out loud. Your blog is pure entertainment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would like to skip from fall to spring, too. Why don't you run for office and see what you could do about that. Politicians are promising all kinds of things this election. You may as well get it on it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm with you. The only thing worse than having all the winter paraphernalia in the closet, is having to keep the flip flops out too, because you just never know what the weather will be like!
    As far as that cabin goes, that's where we'll head when the world collapses....

    ReplyDelete