Sunday, November 11, 2007

The Defeat of the Ninja

This afternoon my visiting teachers called to say they were coming over, so I banished the boys to the basement to entertain themselves. And what could be more entertaining than wrapping your whole head in packing tape (I've since been informed that this is the preferred method for concealing your face if you're a ninja)?
So, about 30 minutes into our visit, Spencer runs up the stairs screaming. No reason for alarm just yet. It's probably a small scratch, or maybe he fell down. Oh wait, you're having trouble ripping the packing tape from your hair? Yep, this one's going to hurt.
"Now tell me one more time why you wanted to wrap your head in tape?"
"Regan did it!"
"Regan?
"Spencer told me to?"
"Spencer?"
"We wanted to be ninjas!"
"Oh. Of course. Do you feel like a ninja now, tough guy?"
In the end, I had to overpower him and rip it off his head as fast as I could. He told me it was the worst thing that has ever happened to him in his whole life.


1 comment:

  1. Thanks, that was the best laugh I've had all week!
    PS Boys, Ninja's wear black tape!

    ReplyDelete