Friday, November 30, 2007

Gingerbread fun

You're probably already wondering-did I bake this gingerbread myself? No, of course not. These handy little kits came from Robert's and were 40% off. The kit includes the gingerbread, candy and icing. What the $7.80 kit does not include is a gingerbread homeowners warranty that covers damage done when you slam it to the ground out of frustration. Therefore, I chose not to slam it to the ground and waste my $7.80. Tempting though. It came with icing (if you can call it that) that was so thick, it took every ounce of my energy to squeeze a line of it out for the wall to stand on. By the time I could get enough out to try and put the wall up, it was already as hard as a rock.
After several failed attempts to put the walls up, I told the boys we'd have to resume construction after we got some decent icing. They were good sports about it and we were able to finish the job tonight.
Next year, I may be brave enough to try baking the gingerbread myself. We'll see.


1 comment:

  1. We find that hot glue works well. I mean really, are you going to eat it ever? How old is that gingerbread anyway?

    ReplyDelete