Friday, May 10, 2013

Spencer's 11th Birthday


Spencer wanted a Star Wars cake this year.  Turned out pretty good, I thought.  Jason cut the words out of yellow sugar paper, which I didn't even know existed before I made this cake. 
 
With the camera we got him last year for his birthday, Spencer has spent many many hours making movies.  So this year we got him some film editing software, which our computer was too slow to use without the video being choppy, which we fixed by having our friend build us a new computer, which means this turned into a very expensive birthday gift. But I'm sure you'll agree after watching these clips from Spencer's latest movie, that it will all be worth it in the end.
These are in unedited form because we we still don't know how to use the editing software.  Like I said, I'm sure it will all be worth our hundreds of dollars. 





So that's an example of the film making that goes on around here.  It usually ends in tears, because the director isn't always very patient with the actors and the actors don't always like the script. 
Maybe someday soon we'll see a full edited movie ready to post.  I hear he's doing a remake of Harry Potter.

1 comment:

  1. Forget movie making- he should organize cage fights! Poor Weston was getting pushed around big time! Love Spencer's commentary too. Too funny.

    Cake looks awesome. Never heard of sugar paper, but I hear marshmallow fondant isn't hard to make, and you can do all sorts of cut outs with that. You know, in your spare time...

    ReplyDelete