Friday, May 10, 2013

Easter 2013


This year Easter came early, so the fact that I took the time to be crafty had me feeling pretty good about myself.  Until I later realized that I didn't even take a single picture of my kids on Easter.  Oh well.  I have proof that I'm capable of craftiness once every ten years. 

Behold....the Peep Wreath. I can't tell you how excited the kids were about this.  So excited, they couldn't resit biting a few of the peep heads off.

Then I got the crazy idea that I would do everything in their baskets homemade.  So I did.  Almost.  According to Ben it's not Easter unless it includes a chocolate bunny.  I wasn't going to attempt that.  So I bought that as well as the jelly beans to fill eggs for the egg hunt. 

Chocolate dipped pretzels, chocolate covered marshmallow eggs and mini decorated cupcakes inside an egg carton (this idea plus the wreath came from HERE).  Oh, and chocolate peanut butter eggs that I bought from a friend who has a chocolate business out of her home.  I consider that to be homemade too. 

So, there you have it.  A crafty homemade Easter. I don't think the kids appreciated all the work.  Maybe that's why I didn't take any pictures of them.
I may not do it again next year, but at least we'll still have the peep wreath.  Minus a few heads, anyway.

1 comment:

  1. 'Behold, the peeps wreath'! ROFL! So funny. But such a waste of perfectly good candy man! I would have eaten it after easter. I like my peeps hard.
    You were very ambitious this year. Bravo. I agree though, I don't think the kids appreciate it, so why kill myself? I just used the year old Easter candy I bought on clearance last year after Easter. Jelly beans and most candies last forever.

    ReplyDelete