Friday, November 21, 2008

Regan's 9th Birthday

Regan is my easy child. I'm not picking favorites, he's just lower maintenance than some of my other children. He's a good student, he does what is asked of him without making a big deal about it, he's a good friend, and he still likes to hang out with us. I gave him the choice again this year between having a party with his friends or doing something with me and Jason. He chose to do something with us. He wanted eat dinner at Rusty's, a nice restaurant up the canyon that Jason and I go to every year on our anniversary. I'm sure we would have spent less money by throwing a party, but it sure was easier, by far. We left all the other kids with a friend so it would be just the three of us. He thought it was really cool. So did Jason. We almost never go out to eat, so I think Jason was just about as excited as Regan. He's already been suggesting to Regan what restaurant to choose next year.
It was a nice evening, and the food was really good. We only ordered an appetizer, an extra salad, and one entree for all of us, and we still had leftovers. We were all stuffed, which is impressive, considering how much Jason and Regan can eat. Then they brought out some delicious chocolate truffle pie with a candle in it, and had the whole restaurant sing to him.
After dinner, we picked up the kids and went home for presents and cake, but we decided we were still too full to eat any cake, so we saved it for the next day.


I've decided I really like these types of birthdays. I suggested to Spencer that he do the same for his birthday. He was clearly appalled by my suggestion. I guess two easy kids in one family is too much to ask.

7 comments:

  1. yeah, Spence is your antithesis to Regan. You wouldn't know how good you had it, if they were all easy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Regan! We all love and miss you. Tristyn and Ty can't wait to see you for Thanksgiving! See you all soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. that is really sweet of him.. but i had to laugh picturing spencers 'appalled by your suggestion' face. ha. kids are so funny. but you might get 2, didn't you say wes has been pretty mellow, and really what choice does he have? the youngest of 4 boys. you rock.

    ReplyDelete
  4. that is really sweet of him.. but i had to laugh picturing spencers 'appalled by your suggestion' face. ha. kids are so funny. but you might get 2, didn't you say wes has been pretty mellow, and really what choice does he have? the youngest of 4 boys. you rock.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Seriously?????? Wasn't it just a few weeks ago that we were waiting to get the phone call that you'd had Regan?? He is so dang cute! And . . . if it helps, Kate AND Hunter are now up for adoption (Not just Kate this time.) . . . If you want two extra kids without having to give birth, they're yours. (I've got TWO very hard ones.) I mean, they're easy. They're wonderful. you'll love the addition to your family. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. We love you, Regan. We wish you were closer so we could see you more often.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Cindy

    I hope you had a great Thanksgiving. Can you tell me how to make it so I can see when people last updated their blog? Thanks. By the way your mantle for Christmas looks beautiful.

    ReplyDelete