Monday, September 22, 2008

Newest Member of the Family

No, I'm not pregnant again, but I feel like I have another child. Jason brought home a new dog last week. One of his professors at school was trying to get rid of him (bad sign #1). Apparently, the dog ate half an ottoman at their house (bad sign #2). He doesn't listen to me very well (bad sign #3) and he thinks he's a house dog (bad sign #4). In case you can't tell, I'm not too excited about this. Sure, I like dogs, but not so much when they require a lot of my time.
But to be fair, I'm trying to see the bright side. Vince (named after our other dog that lasted 2 weeks before he ran away) is very good with kids. I have to admit he has a lot of patience. Ben abuses the dog. A lot. Perhaps he figures if he can't abuse Weston, the dog is the next best thing. He tries to pull his tongue from his mouth, drags him around by the lips, sits and stands on him, shoves his hand down his throat, etc., etc...you get the idea. He's just plain mean. Surprisingly, Vince has never tried to bite him. I almost wish he would, it would teach him a lesson.
I'm still trying to come up with other good things. He's growing on me. A little. Or maybe I just feel sorry for him. Jason promised to finish fencing in the yard so that he can start living back there. In the mean time, he supposedly lives in the garage, but spends much of his time in the house.
Thoroughly looking the dog over.
A little too thoroughly.

4 comments:

  1. Ewww! Please tell me you jumped right in and put an end to that asa you took that shot!!!
    PS. I think all you 'dog' people are crazy, and that may very well be the ugliest dog I've ever seen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, that was a surprise! Another dog. I'm beginning to wonder if all my kids were deprived while growing up since they all now own pets! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We should set up a play date for Charlie and Vince. Although, it might just end up being Charlie barking at Vince....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mom is right we were deprived of dogs growing up, but that doesn't mean it's ok to inspect every inch of the dog once you get one. He probably learned that from Jason.

    ReplyDelete