Tuesday, September 16, 2008

What a Mean Tooth Fairy!


The boys all had a dentist appointment yesterday. No cavities! However, Regan had a tooth that had to be pulled. It had been capped a few years ago, and the roots were being eaten away. The Dentist was worried it would start to affect the permanent tooth below.
When Regan saw his tooth, he thought he'd hit the jackpot. He was sure the tooth fairy (he knows I'm the tooth fairy) would pay loads for a silver tooth. He was wrong. I told him that I had a new rule. If a tooth comes out and it has a filling, he doesn't earn anything. After paying for a filling, and then a cap, and finally an extraction, why should I have to pay him? In fact, he should owe me! He didn't agree. But he's not the tooth fairy, I am. However, in the spirit of toothfairyinism (hmm...spellcheck had "no suggestions"), I think I will give him something in exchange for his tooth. A fat tube of toothpaste and a note-Use it well, next time.. you'll get a bill!

4 comments:

  1. Poor Regan! I don't blame him for thinking he had a winner with that tooth. Not too many kids his age can boast such a treasure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to use that! But not just for fillings. Those check-ups cost, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cindy you always have the best ideas I love it

    ReplyDelete