Sunday, September 14, 2008

Ben's Two, and Having a Ball!


Ben's birthday was on Friday. We had a 'ball' birthday. Ball was his first word (after mom and dad, of course), and he's been obsessed with them ever since. I made his cake after he went to bed the night before his birthday. I made sure to take a picture that night because I knew it was unlikely that it would make it to the party unscathed. Sure enough, the next morning while I was changing Weston's diaper, Ben climbed up the drawers and onto the counter. He had eaten most of the frosting off of one the cupcakes when I found him. There were also fingerprints through several others as well as the cake. Oh well. Can't get too mad at the birthday boy for wanting to eat his own cake.

Blowing out the candles.


Two years old. Time to start using real big and sharp dangerous knives.



Finally! Nobody is trying to stop him from having his cake and eating it too.


After going through the whole line of boys twice, Jason finally brought the pinata down (along with half a tree branch).

Present time! Ben had a good size pile of presents. The majority of them were from his brothers. They had shopped at the D.I., plus re gifted a number of Ben's own toys. Since we were doing the ball theme, that's exactly what I got him. I only had to spend $2.97 on his present. That would never fly with the older kids. Two year olds are awesome!

6 comments:

  1. CUTE cake/cupcakes! You're so creative. $2.97? We didn't even get Ella anything, she had plenty of presents, so I figured, why bother?

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is getting SO BIG!! Starting to look like the other two for sure... How fun. Creative cake too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's good to see you are raising the kid right (football theme). See if you can talk Tracey into the $2.97 gift idea (I'll pay you half the money we save).

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun party! Looks like it was a real "ball"!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you are backing up your pictures. These are too cute to chance losing them because of an unpredictable computer. Fun party! I love to see Ben eat. I'm sure he was in heaven.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Too much fun! Wish I would've been there!

    ReplyDelete