Saturday, February 23, 2013

Weston's 4th Birthday

Here I am, almost a year later, trying to get this posted before Weston has another birthday.  Sad. But at least I'm making progress.
This is Weston's 4th Birthday.  He wanted a jack o lantern cake, like Ben, but blue was the only acceptable color.  This boy knows what he wants and it's not easy to change his mind.  Not that I mind a blue jack o lantern cake, it really makes no difference to me.  But for his upcoming 5th birthday he wants "a cake that looks like the bed I used to sleep in".  He's talking about his bed before the bunk bed, which was a pack n play.  He slept in it until after he was four. Because he REALLY REALLY loved it.  And he REALLY REALLY misses it. I wonder if he wants it to look exactly the same, down to the ripped netting and the permanent marker art.  Hmmm....could be interesting. I've still got a few months to try and change his mind. 

Much of Jason's family was still here after graduation to celebrate with us.  He talked them into getting him those blue cowboy boots from Cal Ranch.  He still loves them and they still fit. 

Of course a party is not a party without a pinata. 
Notice the big stack of #10 cans under the tree?  We were getting ready to plant the garden and happened to be getting it all tilled up earlier that day.  Ben and Weston both took their turns riding on the tractor. 






2 comments:

  1. Why not just let him have the PackNplay back? He'll move out on his own eventually right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like blue, too. It makes for an interesting jack-o-lantern. Tell Weston he can sleep in my pack n play any time he wants to.

    ReplyDelete