Saturday, February 23, 2013

Longboards Are Expensive

Not so much the longboards themselves, although they're not cheap, but the damage that can come from a longboard adds up pretty quickly.  It all started on a nice summer evening when Jason and I found ourselves at home alone without any kids.  Someone, I won't name names, thought it would be fun to go out for a little ride on the kids' boards.  And it was fun, for a minute.  I even laughed at the neighbor who, while driving by, rolled down her window and warned me that I was too old to be doing such things and that I was going to end up hurt.  Personally, I think she cursed me.  A few minutes later, going too fast down a hill I knew was too steep for me, I decided to bail.  Before I even had time to think, I face planted it in the middle of the road.  There was one witness, besides Jason.  He thought I broke my neck.  It was humiliating. Without a word, I stood up and walked home.  Forget the board.  I could feel shards of tooth in my mouth.  My front tooth, mostly shattered.  I was more angry than anything. Jason makes everything look easy.  And he thought I should keep trying, but with a helmet and mouth guard next time.  Right. 

Fast forward a couple weeks.  Jason and Regan come home from church with shredded church clothes. Ha!  So we are too old for longboards. Coming down the same street I wrecked on, they both took a turn too fast and ended up under a suburban-not a moving one, thankfully.

New tooth- $200
New church clothes- $70
Karma- Priceless


2 comments:

  1. Karma is a B----- sometimes! LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't suppose you will ever want to do that again! You're too old!

    ReplyDelete