Thursday, January 14, 2010

Winter Outings

Unfortunately we are still months away from spring, but fortunately we don't have to drive far to have spring-like weather. Just 45 minutes south, and the weather is beautiful. I wish we could get away every weekend.

Here I am, soaking up the sun while reading. Ahh, it just doesn't get any better than this.


Meanwhile, the kids could play for hours in the sand.


So many cool placed to explore. I love it, Snow Canyon is the place to be in the winter.


On a colder note, Jason took Regan and Spencer on a cross country ski overnighter last weekend. They didn't hit the trail until pretty late, so they skied in a little ways and then built their quinzee-aka snow cave- at about 10:00 that night. The boys slept well and stayed warm, but unfortunately for Jason there wasn't quite enough room for his back end, which was hanging over the entrance all night and being hit with a constant flow of cold air.




Brrr, looks cold. I was at home with a nice fire in the fireplace, eating popcorn, and having a movie night.


Overall, they had an enjoyable time...I think. Spencer only had two meltdowns. His feet got cold so he was pretty sure he was going to die. But I must say, all three of them are quite the troopers. Tougher than I am, I'm sure. I'd prefer to sit on the couch and stuff my face if it's going to be cold outside. But, who knows, maybe someday when I no longer have the excuse of having babies, I'll be adventurous in the winter again. Then again, I think I'll stick with Snow Canyon. That's my kind of winter.

6 comments:

  1. How fun to have such an adventurous dad. That looks like fun, but I'm like you Cindy, warm weather is better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What great memories your kids will have and such fun stories to tell their kids some day

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow all of it looks pretty fun. Jason's a good dad, and Spencer only had a couple of meltdowns...not bad.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chris is soooooooo jealous on this one!!! He tried get us to build one the other day with a couple of little girls I was watching but we didn't get too far.
    Jason is an awesome daddy!! And I would be right where you were!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE the snow cave pictures! You and your hubby are so good to take your kids out and do such fun and educational things with them. I bet your boys have more survival skills then most people!

    ReplyDelete