Sunday, January 10, 2010

Snape


Introducing our newest pet, Snape the snake. We still have our 4 chickens and our dog, but they're outside animals, and I thought the kids would have fun with a snake. Yes, it was my idea. I bought it for Christmas. I've always liked snakes, and they actually make good pets...as long as you get a nice one. Ours is a corn snake. You only feed it once a week, frozen mice from the pet store. Snape is still a baby, and if he (or she? how do you tell?) lives to adulthood, he can get up to 5 feet in length. That may seem really big, but they don't get very big around, so he probably wouldn't ever be able to eat us.
Now, I know you're all probably dying to come and visit Snape, but we wouldn't want to get him over stimulated, so if you could keep the visits to a minimum, it would be appreciated.

9 comments:

  1. NICE!!!! Chris will be sooo excited to hear about Snape!!! He tried to convince me to get one a little while ago but now while we are still at my parents at least. I love it and I love Ben's expression.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We'll come visit in the summer... is that too soon?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eww! Just kidding. I can handle snakes, it's the spiders I don't do. But at five feet I might have a problem...

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so nice, my kids BEGGED for one, but I'm not up to feeding them real frozen mice. I bet your boys are in heaven!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We will not over stimulate Snape . . . as I will not come within 18 miles of a snake. You are one brave (strange) woman. :) However, I will admit that we have snakes around our yard . . . they find us from the canal, live in our woodpile, and eat spiders and mice. :) I do like them . . .but I'm fine not seeing them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tristyn said she really wants to come and see Snape...as does Tracey! Yea right!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so glad we already had a chance to see Snape before everyone comes rushing over. You forgot to mention that it will live for 18+ years. Yep....Cindy has been around boys too long. She needs more girl interaction....who's up for taking her shoe shopping?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cindy i think your fab, but I am starting to worry about you...ALOT!

    ReplyDelete