Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Catching Up

After my last post and the period of time that followed, perhaps you thought I'd been checked into the local mental institution. It was either that or check myself into my parents house. I chose my parents house.
We brought Jason up to the airport on the 25th and then came up here (North Ogden) to my parents. After 5 days, I've only just begun to start enjoying my vacation because I had some kind of stomach flu for 4 days. Jason had the same thing up there in Washington. We're both feeling better. I'm just waiting for it to hit the rest of the family. Probably just in time for our drive home.
Saturday night we had our annual Halloween dinner. Every year my Mom puts this dinner on for us. Saturday morning she blocks the kitchen off with sheets and spends all day cooking for the dinner. When it's time to eat, we're each given a menu with 15 items such as- giant monster toes, bat eyes, sliced carcass and witch's brew-to name a few. There are 3 courses to the meal-5 items per course. We fill out the menus, turn them in and then the fun begins. On your first course you may have unknowingly ordered your spoon, fork, knife, napkin and drink. At the end of the course it is all taken away before the next course, so you would end up eating the rest of your meal with no utensils. It's a lot of fun. It's been a tradition in our family for over 20 years.
After the dinner, all the kids (and dogs) get dressed into their costumes so that we can take pictures.

All the kids in their costumes, complete with one pimp dog and one hippie dog.
Uncle Steve supervised the carving of the pumpkins.

Spencer

Regan

Thank goodness for family-especially when you're sick! My Dad took the older boys on long hikes two days in a row. He also took them shopping. They love shopping with Grandpa. This time they scored new bats, balls and mitts as well as pumpkins and new haircuts.
My mom took them miniature golfing and to a corn maze. She also took care of all the kids when I needed to be in bed or, um, in the bathroom for extended periods of time.
Much better than being sick at my own house!

1 comment:

  1. Your mom is the coolest! Can I come over next Halloween?
    Glad you're getting a much needed break.

    ReplyDelete