Thursday, October 11, 2007

2 Weeks



Jason never thought this day would come. After almost 8 years, it's official. He gave the Leavitt's his 2 weeks. Our boys think he crazy. After all, he gets paid to play in the dirt.
So what are the big plans? He flies to Washington on the 25th to frame his Dad's house. He should be gone about 6 weeks, give or take.
When he gets back he'll be doing fireplace maintenance and hopefully just handyman jobs on the side. He'll be starting school in January. SUU now has an Outdoor Rec degree that he's interested in. That should take him about 2-2.5 years.
Basically, we have no idea where these next couple of years will take us, but we feel like it's the right thing to do and I'm sure it will work out.
For those of you who are wondering, I'll be back in Cedar on the 30th. You can call me to schedule meals to be brought in, or to arrange to take my kids from me. But really, I'm not too worried. I'm surrounded by great friends who already take good care of me, and my Mom will probably make it down a time or two, which will be great.
It's been an eventful few weeks (with only one anxiety attack along the way). We're excited, and a little anxious, to see what the next few years bring. Thanks to all our friends and family who are helping us get there.

1 comment:

  1. back on the 30th? where are YOU going? I thought only Jason was leaving, unless you're talking about taking leave of your senses, in which case, can I join you?

    ReplyDelete