Monday, December 14, 2009

Winter

I hate it. I say it every day. Probably every hour. I hate winter. And I could create a very long list of the reasons why. However, I'm determined to look on the bright side...well, at least until after Christmas. Because winter is useless after Christmas and I'm not making any promises that I'm going to try and enjoy it after Christmas is over. But I was able to come up with a few (because there really aren't more than a few) positive things. Here goes-
Snow. There are plenty of negative things I could say about snow, but because I'm looking at the bright side, I'll just say-it looks really pretty when it snows.


Fire. If it has to be cold and snowy, then there's nothing better than a fire in the fireplace to cuddle up next to. But it takes wood to make fires. Lots of it. And when one guy cuts down, loads, and unloads a huge trailer of wood all by himself, that can lead to back injuries. But that's another story.

Sweaters. Again, if it has to be cold, then sweaters are the best thing to wear. Here is another one of the many cute sweaters my mom has knitted for us.


Sugar. There's never a shortage of sugar around the holidays. Cookies, pies, fudge, candy. There's always enough to keep even me satisfied.
Weston enjoyed the Christmas cookies almost as much as I did.


Winter sports. I do, on occasion, enjoy getting out and going cross country skiing or sledding. Only, these things are a little more difficult to do when I've got babies, and I've had babies for a while now. So, I'm looking forward to getting out again now that Weston in approaching his second birthday.


Christmas Music. And the spirit that comes with it. As soon as the weather turns cold, I turn on the Messiah, my favorite Christmas music. It helps me focus on the true spirit of Christmas, which is the most important thing of all. It is the one thing about winter that I'd like to keep with me all year long.

5 comments:

  1. Thanks Cindy, you got me in the spirit of winter too. It is hard to enjoy it with 3 boys + a small house= a crazy mom!!! I hope you can enjoy this winter with Weston being big enough to leave... I look forward to getting my old hobbies back too. the snowbaord awaits in the basement. I have been either pregnant or nursing for a few winters now... maybe next year for me :)
    I love your pictures, it seems like you guys always know how to have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't BELIEVE that your mother knitted that sweater. She is my hero.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Messiah....sigh. I'm so missing that this year.

    I agree, now that I can't do the 'fun' stuff in the snow, it's just an obstacle for me to 'deal' with. And don't even get me started on the 'getting the kids into their snowsuits so they can stay out for FIVE FREAKING MINUTES'!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good post sis! I'm glad to see you coming out of your negative shell. (:

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for helping me look on the bright side of winter. The other day I was so fed up with it, I tried to come up with just 5 good things about winter. I was stumped. Thanks for helping me out. I'd completely forgotten about the sugar aspect. That's happy at least.

    ReplyDelete