Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Halloween Cuisine

I've been noticing a lot of cute Halloween recipes online that I wanted to try, so I decided to make a dinner of it.

Here's our mummy dogs. I used the refrigerated bread sticks, each one cut into thirds lengthwise, and wrapped them around cheddar wurst (much better than a plain hot dog). After they were cooked I dabbed on the mustard eyes.

These are just carrots with sliced almond fingernails standing up in veggie dip.


I cored and quartered the apples, cut out a wedge and used slivered almonds for teeth.
Peas with red pepper tongues and slivered almond teeth.


This was the favorite. I froze apple cider in latex gloves (food safe) then removed the gloves and put the frozen hands in white grape juice.



It took me more time than I was planning on-like it always does-and I didn't get time to make one of the 500 spooky desserts I've looked at this week. So when Regan asked why there was no dessert...well, let's just say he was lucky he was sitting where I couldn't reach him.

5 comments:

  1. Awesome. Let me say it again: so so so awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks like so much fun, thanks for the ideas :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Once again, putting me to shame...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like fun! You certainly inherited Moms talents. Have a Happy Halloween.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your kids are so darn lucky! I'm going to be stealing all of your recipes and tips for my kiddos. I especially love the creepy hands! Genius. I just got your comment on greek yogurt. I'm really bummed out too that's it's not low fat. It's so hard to eat it sparingly.

    ReplyDelete