Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Chickens!

Ben couldn't be more excited, but I think the chickens are having second thoughts. They relocated to our house last week when their owners decided they had too many chickens. Three hens. They came with the coop and everything, we just couldn't refuse. I think Spencer has had second thoughts as well. It's caused him much anxiety to run after Ben and the chickens and scream about how Ben is killing or crippling them. Poor Spence. I wonder if it will cause him the same amount of anxiety to eat the chickens as it does for him to watch Ben abuse them.
We're not planning on eating them...yet. So far they've laid 2 eggs. I know, not much, but there was much excitement when they came.

I found Ben sitting in front of the chicken coop today. When I asked him what he was doing, he told me, "I'm singing we will we will rock you to the chickens".
I don't know, but it would be my guess that if the chickens had their choice, they would choose the Queen serenade over being squeezed half to death. Maybe they can learn to be friends after all.

The hen in these pictures is the most patient one. The only one that allows Ben, or anyone else, near her.

4 comments:

  1. Nice job, Ben. I think that Queen was an excellent choice. We are jealous of your chickens. So jealous that we are dressing up Lucy as one for Halloween. It's the best we can do right now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you should grease up the chickens, turn them loose and see if Jason can catch them. Kind of like on Rocky. It would be great training.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your kids are such a crack up! Queen, priceless! LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  4. chickens can entertain little boys for hours! My boys play with them every time we go to Grandma's. Those are so priceless pictures.

    ReplyDelete