Saturday, May 9, 2009

Happy Birthday Weston!

Weston turned one today. It was a fun day. Especially for Ben, who thought it was his birthday. We pretty much went along with that since Weston's too young to care and Ben's too young to understand that everything's not all about him.




I let him eat all the cake he wanted and he loved every minute of it.
I didn't buy a present for Weston. Both sets of grandparents sent gifts so I figured I'd save my money. It's not as if he'll know the difference (until, of course, he's old enough to read this post and then he'll know I was too cheap to buy him anything, but hey, the hours I slaved away over the cookie monster cake ought to count for something).
Because Ben thought it was his birthday, he had to open the gifts. Weston didn't mind, and they both had a great time playing with them. Thanks for the toys, grandparents!

6 comments:

  1. Awesome cake! Derick just informed me that he wants a cake like that for his 15th birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. it is all about Ben, right? I mean, he is 2. Oh wait. Men of all ages think it's all about them. He may never grow out of that phase.
    Darling cake. You should go into business.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the cake! It is so great reading the blogs with a whole new mind set after meeting you all! I love that I know everyone now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you take after Mom with the cake. Great job! Happy Birthday Weston and Happy Mothers Day Cindy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You always do the CUTEST funnest cakes!!!!Weston is such a cutie.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You need to start selling your cakes they are way cute. Weston is darling. Thanks for the blueberry topping recipe we use it every other week it's Mattea's fav,

    ReplyDelete