Wednesday, January 21, 2009

My First Journal

I was reading through an old journal today and couldn't keep from laughing at my writings, so I thought I'd share. These are excerpts from the journal that I kept at age 8 (click on the pictures if you're having a hard time seeing them). I think you'll agree, my writing talents began at an early age:

I remember the kitten incident. The potato chips? No idea. Maybe we fed them to the dizzy kittens, or maybe we stole them from someones pantry.

Dang it! Here again, I leave vital information out of my description. I guess I wanted to make sure it wouldn't be used against me down the road.
Maybe this was the day that Elise and her sister locked me in her house because I wouldn't eat sweet pickles (true story).

Deep thoughts of an 8 year old.
My first case of theft. I remember it well.
Apparently, I was having a hard time getting over it. At least there's proof I had a conscience, even if I liked swinging kittens in pillowcases.
There she goes again. First stealing, then mud fights. Jaycie was always getting my in trouble.
As you can see, I've always been a talented writer. A loyal friend too. Actually, I'd like to think that I've improved some in both areas over the years.

7 comments:

  1. "Life seems so long I can't wait tell I get resarekted". I love that! It took me until my 30's to feel that way, at age 8 you were WAY ahead of your time!! Very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's right, blame it all on Jaycie. Poor scapegoat. I seem to remember someone blaming me for staying up too late one night...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome! Kids are the best! Now I have to go through my little box of childhood memories and see what I can find.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You were a funny, funny girl! I was laughing so hard. I loved how every night you were thinking and thinking of something to write... Good reading.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I should have sued the school for not teaching you how to spell! You were how old.....?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow you had some impressive handwriting...I'm just shocked there wasn't anything mean about me in there.

    ReplyDelete