Friday, June 13, 2008

Reality Check

Life at home for the kids:
Wake up
Eat breakfast
Brush teeth
Make bed
Clean room
Read 20 minutes
Work chores of the day
Try to find something to do until Dad gets home (he's much funner than Mom)

You may be wondering about the glasses. These were my Dad's old glasses that he's kept for 20 years because "you never know when they might come back in style". Sure Dad. Anyway, they mysteriously made their way into my suitcase this last trip.

Life at Grandma and Grandpa's house


Chemistry lessons. What could be better than making slime and starting things on fire?







Trips to the Zoo




The Children's Museum




Feeding the ducks



Hanging out at Uncle Rich's cabin



Riding horses

Miniature golfing
Sleepovers with cousins
Grandpa's waffles
Watching movies at the theatre
Late nights
An endless supply of candy and pop

I didn't exactly want to come home either. There's nobody here to make all my meals and take my kids on fun outings everyday while I lay around reading books and watching movies with the baby, but everyone has to face reality at some point, right?

3 comments:

  1. Your folks are like mine, spoil them rotten, send them home to be bored and under-fed. sigh. pros/cons to great grandma's. I have no baby to excuse my laziness/lack of energy though. btw, LOVE the glasses, and hey, they ARE back in style, in sunglasses at least.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It took me a week to recover, but it was treasured time to have you with us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those glasses are hilarious! It looks like the kiddies had a lot of fun. And getting a break is always a good thing :)

    ReplyDelete