Tuesday, March 30, 2010

RIP Snape


Sadly, Snape died while we were out of town a week ago. Even sadder, I think we killed him. I checked his water before we left and thought he had enough to get him by until we got back, but apparently not. My kids were crushed, and I felt horrible. Really horrible. I don't know if I was just having an emotional day, or if I was more attached to the little guy than I thought, but I cried. A lot. I had to leave my kids so they wouldn't see me. It's pitiful, really, but I couldn't help it.
Spencer made the headstone, and they buried him out front. Poor Snape. Maybe down the road, after we've forgiven ourselves, we'll get a new snake. Until then, you can all feel safer about coming to visit again.

6 comments:

  1. That is a perfect headstone :)
    Sorry to hear the bad news.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had some funny things to say until I realized you were genuinely upset by the passing of Snape, so I will withhold my comments and just leave it at:

    RIP Snape

    ReplyDelete
  3. You cried ALOT over the snake????

    Are you crazy too? Cause I'm starting a club.... if you want to join....

    LOL! I mean, sorry. So so sorry for your loss. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Um don't be surprised when PETA comes knocking at your door. I turned you in. Poor snape...oh the cruelty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is so sad....I feel like we haven't seen you forever. I feel terrible about not stopping a few weeks ago. I hope we can get together soon. Darling pics at the museum.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't know how I've missed this post until now. I love everything about it.

    ReplyDelete