Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Back At It

Okay, I know you're all getting tired of seeing "Christmas Vacation" every time you get on my blog. An update is long overdue. I think I lost every bit of creativity I had (which isn't much) with the coming of the New Year. Since then, I seem unable to receive inspiration for clever or interesting posts. Or maybe I'm just having trouble finding any humor in the day to day drama of my boys. Either way, I'm trying to get back into the mode.
Now, for a few things that I need to catch up on...
As you already know, Regan turned eight in November. The age of eight comes with a baptism and the beginning of Scouts, both of which he has looked forward to for a long time.
He was baptized the first Saturday of January. It happened to be on the same day as his good friend Trenton. My Dad gave an excellent talk, and we had a dinner afterward at the church. Many of our good friends came and supported us. It turned out to be a very nice day.
And then there's scouts. Regan could hardly wait to wear his uniform. I had bought him a shirt and all the patches for Christmas. The cost was over $40! For a shirt and a couple of patches?! Then, one of my friends told me that she had a shirt her son didn't need anymore and that we could have it. I decided to wrap the new one and let him open it and then return it after Christmas. Well, on Christmas morning, he opened the present and before I could say anything, he ripped the tags off of everything. So much for saving a few bucks.
Thankfully, my Mom sewed on all the patches. Otherwise, they'd still be sitting in the box.

Along with scouts comes the long anticipated (and dreaded) Pinewood Derby. Somehow important information, like the date of the derby, didn't get passed down to the appropriate people. As it turned out, we found out the night before the Derby that it was to be held the next day. Everyone in the ward were scrambling to get their cars done. Thanks to a good member of the ward for the loan of his wood shop and a handy husband, we were able to finish the car minutes before the Derby started.
Regan's car didn't win, but it didn't lose either. He seemed to think that it was the coolest thing yet this year. I'm glad he enjoyed it, but glad we won't have to endure another one until next year.

1 comment: